2020 Equity Agenda Coming Soon
We need our entire community engaged in the democratic process in order to ensure a democracy that works for us and not against us.
What We Do
Our work includes building a coalition of LGBTQ and broader progressive movement partners in Florida working together to:
- Educate, register, and mobilize LGBTQ returning citizens to vote and volunteer
- Host a power summit that will include a focus on the Census and voting
- Host earned media events to highlight the disproportionate impact Amendment 4 has on increasing the number of LGBTQ voters in the state of Florida
Leading the Way
We lead the effort to engage returning citizens who identify as LGBTQ – particularly queer women who make up nearly 50% of incarcerated women – in our democracy.
We support efforts to:
- Stop voter suppression
- End partisan gerrymandering
- Restore federal voting rights to formerly incarcerated individuals
- Enact ethics and endorse campaign finance reforms
Make a Difference in 2020
In a state where every election is decided by less than 1% of the vote, becoming active voters could make the difference not only in Florida but for the nation.